LFM

Latest Forum Posts
TopicAuthorPostedReplies
User Comment ImageView in Descending OrderApp: Frozened by Frozened3759 days ago0 Replies
User Comment ImageView in Descending OrderApp: holysquishy by Holysquish3880 days ago0 Replies
User Comment ImageView in Descending OrderAPPROVED - App: Gogoroth - by Arkinedes by Gogoroth3914 days ago0 Replies
User Comment ImageView in Descending OrderSanguinistic by Sanguinistic3935 days ago0 Replies
User Comment ImageView in Descending OrderAPPROVED - App: IronmanKain - by Arkinedes by IronmanKain3958 days ago0 Replies
Last Forum Post RSS Feed

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Villains on Vacation Forum Index -> Applications
View previous topic :: View next topic  
>Takasaki<

re: App: >Takasaki<

The application submitted by >Takasaki< is as follows:

Quote:
Character Name, Age & Name::
Takasaki, 21, Joe

Class & Spec (Off-spec)::
Priest, Holy / Disc

Plz link your wow-armory, and plz be logged out in your MS PvE gear!::
http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Maiev&cn=Takasaki

Explain some key points in why you spec and glyph the way you do?::
as far as holy, I am specced to utilize straight healing talents. for me, speccing was simple. I focus intensely on prayer and circle of healing, so serendipity, healing prayers and holy reach were a must for me. I also constantly utilize surge of light for free instant flash heals and guardian spirit is amazing for tight situations either on accidental agro or scary "omg heal tank" moments. renew I use as not just a hot but a filler heal now that empowered renew is available. not as mana efficient as flash heal but i figured the instant cast hp fill on raid would make up for that. Glyphs were based on the same concepts. flash heal and circle of healing i saw as necessary for me. lower mana cost on flash heal explains itself and an additional target in a raid on circle of healing is awesome when you're using it almost every cd. my third glyph was between renew and guardian spirit. in my opinion renew would be overdone if i glyphed it at this point and having guardian spirit cd up every minute to throw on someone who might die is well worth it imo. :)

What stats do you prioritize? What do you gem for and "Why"?: :
i prioritize spell power, int, spirit and haste. I gem those stats according to my gear. it's situational. when i had worse gear, I was gemming straight spell power and int. once i was comfortable with my stats, I started to work in reckless (sp/haste) gems. now with new gear I normally try to keep my int where it is. I have been using all sp/haste and sp/spirit gems. spirit is still a great stat as it's spell power and mp5 for priests, and in my opinion haste is wonderful. of course it can lead to more mana problems but if you know how to keep people alive while conserving and *knowing* your cast times, it doesn't present a problem. spell power comes with gear. I like hybrid gems in most situations as i can add the extra spell power while still focusing on other stats.

What professions do you have and why?:
On Takasaki I have inscription for my shoulder enchant, and jewelcrafting for my moneys and easy gems. Happy I have all professions maxed on my account though.

Whats your raid experience in Icecrown Citadel 10M and 25M?::
I took a bit of a break not long ago and haven't had much ICC raid experience. I have done up to saurfang on 10 and 25. heroic lootship on 10. But I know all fights for the most part (minus the experience of having done them) as I couldn't stop reading about it while i wasn't playing wow.

What kinda DPS/HPS do you put out on fights like Sauerfang and Festergut 25M?::
on Sauerfang and in most intense raid healing situations I put out 5-6k hps. not really sure with new gear upgrades but that's a general number.

What Raid add ons do you use? ::
I use: Grid, Snowfallkeypress, Quartz, DBM, and Decursive.

Do you use vent? and can you listen and be vocal?::
Yes I do and yes I can.

Where did you learn of Villains on Vacation? - and why did you decide to app here?::
Eyrth is a very good friend of mine since the beginning of playing wow, I have raided and played with her a long time and she told me about the guild. It seems like a really cool place to raid and from what i've seen, people definitely know what they are doing.

We consider ourself to be a non-drama, nerdrage and elitistjerks free guild. We play this game to have fun and firmly belive its possible to down end game encounters in a calm and friendly enviroment!

This is your chance to explaine why we should accept you to our guild.. What makes you stand out?:
The way you guys describe the guild is great, especially considering the skill level. You should accept me because I am easy going, I know most aspects of this game very very well, and I feel the same way about raiding. intense and rage-filled environments are not my thing. been there. done that. :)

Villian On Vacation

re: APPROVED - App: >Takasaki< - by Renegaderay

Here is yet another prime example of skill over GS. We enjoy raiding without nerd-rage timers and its my perception that you do too. Healers seem to settle in quicker come raid days though we have a few Priests who might wanna grill your skills and spec

...oh and Eyrth is vouchin' for you so its her VoV rep that's on the line.

Approve this toon!

re: App Reply

Takasaki,

Your gear and gemming look good. I have to admit that I was not aware of the Glyph of Circle of Healing and will definitely be getting that. In addition to Circle of Healing, I use Prayer of Healing frequently which raises a question:
1. Do you think Glyph of Prayer of Healing would be better than Glyph of Flash Heal? Why or why not?

I do also have a couple questions about your spec:
2. Please explain why you chose Healing Focus and Body and Soul over Improved Healing? Those seem like they are more for PvP

Tylerrdurden
~eyrth~

re: takasaki :)

not worried 'bout my rep :)
takasaki is an excellent healer and with most other classes leveled and geared in T9+ he knows who he is healing and what they need. (he also has all those professions.......and cooking....and fishing.... :) )
we have played wow together since our original guild...my nephew's...years ago in "vanilla wow," and i would really enjoy having him in here with the rest of us villains!

>Takasaki<

re: APPROVED - App: >Takasaki< - by Renegaderay

hey Happy thanks for the accept and thanks eyrth for the support Happy

Tylerdurden -- good questions, love talking about this game. as far as the glyph of flash heal vs. glyph of prayer of healing, I did forget to mention the option in my app but I was using glyph of poh over guardian spirit for a while. imo it isn't worth it over flash heal. reason being in intense raid situations where you have a druid raid healing, the hot seems minimal and while every bit helps, i guess i considered that a "fill damage for raid healing" glyph. flash heal is being spammed most of the time and i prefer the 10% mana cost reduction on a spell like that Happy

your second question is easy for me to answer if i'm not raiding much. outside of ICC and other hard hitting bosses or huge raid damage, I almost never use divine hymn or greater heal. that changes when raiding, but basically I didn't want to spec imp healing for that reason and I don't find myself in a position where i have to use desperate prayer often (again would probably change in icc) so my only other option was healing focus for what i've been doing. before i raid my spec would include imp healing and test of faith. i can't wait till i see hp below 50% again... been a while.

Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum

Ventrilo Status
WoWProgress Rank