LFM

Latest Forum Posts
TopicAuthorPostedReplies
User Comment ImageView in Descending OrderApp: Frozened by Frozened3758 days ago0 Replies
User Comment ImageView in Descending OrderApp: holysquishy by Holysquish3879 days ago0 Replies
User Comment ImageView in Descending OrderAPPROVED - App: Gogoroth - by Arkinedes by Gogoroth3914 days ago0 Replies
User Comment ImageView in Descending OrderSanguinistic by Sanguinistic3934 days ago0 Replies
User Comment ImageView in Descending OrderAPPROVED - App: IronmanKain - by Arkinedes by IronmanKain3957 days ago0 Replies
Last Forum Post RSS Feed

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Villains on Vacation Forum Index -> Applications
View previous topic :: View next topic  
sorrytank

re: App: Quarantineme

The application submitted by Quarantineme is as follows:

Quote:
Character Name, Age & Name::
Quaratine, 15 Chris

Class & Spec (Off-spec)::
Arcane PvE frost PvP

Plz link your wow-armory, and plz be logged out in your MS PvE gear!::
http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Maiev&cn=Quaratine

Explain some key points in why you spec and glyph the way you do?::
Because arcane is fast and strong and is about haste and sp

What stats do you prioritize? What do you gem for and "Why"?: :
i gem for spellpower and haste

What professions do you have and why?:
minning cuz it makes gold easyily and jc

Whats your raid experience in Icecrown Citadel 10M and 25M?::
8/12 10m 8/12 25m

What kinda DPS/HPS do you put out on fights like Sauerfang and Festergut 25M?::
on saurfanf about 6.5k

What Raid add ons do you use? ::
just the basics like dbm

Do you use vent? and can you listen and be vocal?::
yes, i love talking

Where did you learn of Villains on Vacation? - and why did you decide to app here?::
My friend drooder, and i wanted to be in more of a layed back guild then cough drops

We consider ourself to be a non-drama, nerdrage and elitistjerks free guild. We play this game to have fun and firmly belive its possible to down end game encounters in a calm and friendly enviroment!

This is your chance to explaine why we should accept you to our guild.. What makes you stand out?:
I love being funny and just chating i dont nerd rage at all i make fun of ppl that do cuz its just a game :)

Arkinedes
Life Coach
Speaks way to much

re: DECLINED - App: Quarantineme - by Arkinedes

A few things:

Age.. I know drooder is just as young you, but im concerned about the most of the guild being twice your age!

this:
http://coughdrops.guildlaunch.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=5284623&gid=142132

And 6.5k on sauerfang aint enough for a solid spot in any progression runs..

Dumorne
Villain on Vacation

Please log out in pve gear and I will actually review this app, unlike Ark who is just being bias about kids age. For the record Ark I was raiding with Defiant at 15 so =P

Wannabe

re: App reply

I do not believe that age should be a disqualifying factor, it should however be taken into consideration. A person's maturity level is the issue and while not all young'uns are immature and not all immature people are young it is still far more likely that a 12
or 13 year old will do immature things like nerd-rage, create drama in the guild, or rage-quit over something stupid. With minors, there also exists what I like to call the "mom factor". I can't count how many time's I've heard somebody in a raid say, "I have to go, my mom is calling me". Perhaps we should include that as part of the application: "if your mom tells you it's time to get off the computer and do your chores while you're in the middle of a raid, what do you do?". That being said, it is impossible
to judge a person's maturity level based on an application and therefore should not be taken into consideration unless there is a reported history of immaturity from another guildie.

Anubbis (Travis/Warhorn)
Villain on Vacation

re: App Reply

both apps when compared have quite a few differences for only being 2 days apart.

this i find worrying... not for your skill but personality

please do explain the changes that have occured in these 2 day before i give my verdict.

Arkinedes
Life Coach
Speaks way to much

Im giving this app 24 hours to answer the questions asked.. If not, it will be declined due to not responding!!

~eyrth~

re: quaratine's ap

mage opinion.....as asked for :)

quaratine....as a mage i would say u are probably enjoying pvp while not raiding....but to ap here you might want to work on getting more pve oriented.

looks like u had fun going to the wrath instances earlier in the year, as well as hitting some of the lower level ones on your new 80.
do u realize that raiding is doing the same thing...in the same place...week after week after week?
you might want to consider if u would really like being in the same raid group doing the same thing..day after day...week after week. i say this as i dont see much repeating in the things you have done in wow. this is merely an observation...not a judgement.

that said....my observations are:

your activity and achievements show very little raiding experience and no time spent learning bosses and enduring wipes and repeated returns to try over and over.

you are applying to a pve guild, but we cant see what you've got :)
you are still in pvp gear tho you did log on yesterday...you didnt do any heroics though, for badges or emblems....

you probably have much going on...it's summertime and this might account for a kind of random playing schedule.
very active on july 20 and 21st but there is no other activity since 2 days in may before that, and a very active april.
i am not a pvp'r so cant really comment on the pvp gear...but we are a pve guild.

your stats seem pretty low...but again i cant see what you've got for pve. if this is all your gear....you need to get atlas loot and plan some gear farming :) 'specially if u want to be raiding.

enchants....mages do not usually get +mana on chest...

talent points....cookie cutter copy

glyphs....
might want to look on ah for a third major glyph in your current spec.

your choices for arcane are not as most mages would select....idk any mages who glyph mage armor.

my opinion.....
though he seems like a nice person...as a serious icc raider he comes in with very little experience.
logging out in pvp gear as he ap's to a pve guild seems self defeating.
he could simply armory some decent mages and copy their glyphs, enchants, etc. to improve himself, but he didnt bother.
his impression of us and our no rage policy might be that we are laid back about raiding to the point of not really caring. however we do care. we want the bosses dead, and we manage to not need to yell and scream because of the level of experience each raider has that makes all that unnecessary. we know what is expected. i am not sure quaratine would find us as he may think we are.
it's impossible to tell if he has talent over gear, but i do see a lack of "going for it" to get into VOV.

~e~
Posts from:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Villains on Vacation Forum Index -> Applications All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum

Ventrilo Status
WoWProgress Rank