LFM

Latest Forum Posts
TopicAuthorPostedReplies
User Comment ImageView in Descending OrderApp: Frozened by Frozened3778 days ago0 Replies
User Comment ImageView in Descending OrderApp: holysquishy by Holysquish3899 days ago0 Replies
User Comment ImageView in Descending OrderAPPROVED - App: Gogoroth - by Arkinedes by Gogoroth3933 days ago0 Replies
User Comment ImageView in Descending OrderSanguinistic by Sanguinistic3954 days ago0 Replies
User Comment ImageView in Descending OrderAPPROVED - App: IronmanKain - by Arkinedes by IronmanKain3976 days ago0 Replies
Last Forum Post RSS Feed

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Villains on Vacation Forum Index -> Applications
View previous topic :: View next topic  
SteakIsDone
Villain on Vacation

re: App: Icanhazurhp

The application submitted by Icanhazurhp is as follows:

Quote:
Character Name, Age & Name::
Icanhazurhp, 31, Adam

Class & Spec (Off-spec)::
Affliction/Demonology Warlock

Plz link your wow-armory, and plz be logged out in your MS PvE gear!::
http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Maiev&cn=Icanhazurhp

Explain some key points in why you spec and glyph the way you do?::
My spec for Demonology is a Raid Buff spec, and also highest DPS Demonology spec available. I LOVE being the Insane Lock in raids, and I don't mind paying repair bills for the immense fun that Demonology is on Trash pulls. Not to say I die all the time, but I don't mind if I charge in and get stomped after throwing down 30k DPS in ICC25. For Affliction, I'm again in a Raid Buff spec, and now that I have a good computer, I can keep up most of my dots all the time.

What stats do you prioritize? What do you gem for and "Why"?: :
I go mainly for Spell Power gems, except when the socket bonus is over 7, in which case I will go for a socket bonus, SP/Haste, or SP/Spirit depending on the color.

What professions do you have and why?:
I have Herbalism (450) because I was a Skinner before Inscription was released. I generally don't go out of my way to pick flowers anymore... I'm also a 450 Tailor with 1/4 ICC patterns.

Whats your raid experience in Icecrown Citadel 10M and 25M?::
Across my Warlock and DK, I have 9/12 bosses in ICC10 and 25. Heroic Marrowgar on one of them, and Heroic Gunship on both. (I know, easy sauce, but it's experience, right?)

What kinda DPS/HPS do you put out on fights like Sauerfang and Festergut 25M?::
When I was playing on my laptop, with the current gear I have, I would top out around 7k on Fester, and 5-6k on Saurfang... now that I'm on a proper desktop without wireless internet lag, I pull around 11-12k on Fester, and pulled 8k on Saurfang this week.

What Raid add ons do you use? ::
Class Timers, DBM, Recount, Omen, Grid raid frames, Bartender4, and XPerl.

Do you use vent? and can you listen and be vocal?::
Yes, yes, and yes... I'm usually the guy cracking a joke when there's a lull in the conversation, but I won't ever talk when vent should be clear, unless I died and need a BRez. :P

Where did you learn of Villains on Vacation? - and why did you decide to app here?::
Arkennie was in Relapse with me, and I've raided in a few VoV PuGs over the last couple months on both Ican and Schyne. I'm apping here because I want the remaining Relapse crew to stick together, because we were a family there, and I have yet to find anything like that again in another guild.

We consider ourself to be a non-drama, nerdrage and elitistjerks free guild. We play this game to have fun and firmly belive its possible to down end game encounters in a calm and friendly enviroment!

This is your chance to explaine why we should accept you to our guild.. What makes you stand out?:
Ok, well I'm NOT an elitist jerk, but I do read the forums at elitistjerks.com... I challenge them constantly, and may get banned from there for repeatedly making posts about Paladins using Flash of Light builds for raid healing... I'm different than everyone, in that I am always trying to challenge the ideals of my class. As a Warlock, I'm usually the guy that will actually charge in and be in the melee for the whole fight with Demon Form up as much as possible, blowing stuff up, and just being insane. As a Death Knight Tank, I try new things like No-Disease rotations on single targets, which is actually a large DPS increase over a Disease Rotation... As DPS, I'm usually Blood Spec, but that was when I was on my laptop because Unholy was way too laggy for me. I was the original DW Frost Tank in Naxx, and got shit for it all the time, but I always pulled my weight, and never got killed because of a Parry Gib... now the only reason I'm not a DW Frost Tank is because I have Bryntroll, and only one 1-h weapon. On my pally, I have healed as Flash of Light spec since I could spend a talent point, and I'm probably one of the most knowledgeable people on the server about FoL healing because it's all I've ever done. I can tank or raid heal in 10-mans, and I'd love to try raid healing in 25-mans. At 4.7k GS, I topped healing in all the raids I ran that week, above people with 5.5k+ GS, and I am about 200HPS shy of a 5.8k GS Holy Pally in my current guild, at my present 5.25k GS. I pulled 6.6k HPS on Saurfang as a raid healer in ICC10 this week... the Priest tank healer with 6k GS pulled around 2.5k on the same fight... I carried the raid.

I always strive to be the best in the raid on whichever character I'm on. I'm not the best trash tank, but I can control a boss and position him properly for the raid. I am very raid aware on all my characters, and try to compete for the top DPS spot, even though I understand that being TOP DPS isn't as important as the total raid DPS.

Lastly, I'm not always available at the current raid times for the guild. I work Tuesday nights, starting at 5pm Central Time, and I'm a full time College Student. I also have a son who is playing football, and if I'm not playing the game, I'm usually with him. Regardless of if I'm able to raid with you guys, I'd like to be a member of the guild in a Social Rank if you have one. I'll try to be available for other raid times, if you have them, but it's more important for me to be in a guild that feels comfortable to me, where I can chat with good friends, than to be able to raid all the time. Thanks for your consideration guys, and sorry for the length of my application... lol

re: APPROVED - App: Icanhazurhp - by Arkinedes

Forgot to mention, those DPS numbers were on ICC10... I haven't run ICC25 this week, or since I got a new computer on Ican... so I have no idea what my 25-man DPS is on those bosses.

Probably one of the most in dept applications I have ever seen, Gemming is spot on, Spec is standard Meta/ruin spec. Only one thing, why the int trinket, I know trinkets are hard to come by so I won't give too much grief on that but I would get the PoS Heroic one over that. As he main raiding lock(damn near the only) I accept this app. Let's get him in here and see what he can do.
SteakIsDone
Villain on Vacation

Yeah, in all my times raiding ICC, I have yet to see Muradin's Spyglass while on Ican... and in all my runs through Pit Heroic, I have never seen Nevermelting Ice Crystal drop even once... Scratch that first one... Spyglass dropped yesterday, and I lost the roll... but oh well... I'll grab the Pit trinket as soon as possible, and then pray for the Spyglass to drop for me again. :P

Speaks way to much

Hmmm... I dont like the name Adam, to fruity.. Ima call you fernandez!!

If Lantz says yes to a lock, then you would pretty much have to be on my ignore-list not to get a shot!! + I remember you from Relapse, and most ppl in there were all about fun and having a good time!!

Welcome to villains on vacation, im looking forward to raiding with you again fernandez!! Happy

Posts from:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Villains on Vacation Forum Index -> Applications All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum

Ventrilo Status
WoWProgress Rank