LFM

Latest Forum Posts
TopicAuthorPostedReplies
User Comment ImageView in Descending OrderApp: Frozened by Frozened3759 days ago0 Replies
User Comment ImageView in Descending OrderApp: holysquishy by Holysquish3880 days ago0 Replies
User Comment ImageView in Descending OrderAPPROVED - App: Gogoroth - by Arkinedes by Gogoroth3915 days ago0 Replies
User Comment ImageView in Descending OrderSanguinistic by Sanguinistic3935 days ago0 Replies
User Comment ImageView in Descending OrderAPPROVED - App: IronmanKain - by Arkinedes by IronmanKain3958 days ago0 Replies
Last Forum Post RSS Feed

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Villains on Vacation Forum Index -> Applications
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Ligaments_

re: App: Phobos_24

The application submitted by Phobos_24 is as follows:

Quote:
Character Name, Age & Name::
Chapstick, 23, Logan

Class & Spec (Off-spec)::
Shaman, Resto (main) Enhance (os)

Plz link your wow-armory, and plz be logged out in your MS PvE gear!::
http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Maiev&cn=Chapst%C3%AEck

Explain some key points in why you spec and glyph the way you do?::
I went with a pretty standard healing spec, avoiding more pvp oriented talents and trying to stick with talents that would boost my healing, either by increasing haste, mana regen, or sp. I glyphed water shield for the extra mana regen, and chain heal for the bonus to an already good raid heal tool.

What stats do you prioritize? What do you gem for and "Why"?: :
I prefer stacking all haste instead of sp because I feel like I get more out of it with my spells. I will cast more spells, which will cause more procs for mana regen/sp, in a shorter amount of time, which I feel will give an overall increase in healing over more sp than haste.

What professions do you have and why?:
Enchanting/Jewelcrafting. To make some money and for the personal enchants/gems.

Whats your raid experience in Icecrown Citadel 10M and 25M?::
On Chapstick I am 11/12 ICC25m, 11/12 ICC10m. On different chars I am 9/12 Heroic ICC25m.

What kinda DPS/HPS do you put out on fights like Sauerfang and Festergut 25M?::
As Resto I was doing close to 9k hps on fights with a lot of raid damage like Festergut, but that was when the buff was still 25%. As enhance I do about 9k dps on Saurfang, I could use some improvement on my rotation.

What Raid add ons do you use? ::
Grid for healing, Omen for dpsing, and of course DBM.

Do you use vent? and can you listen and be vocal?::
Yes and Yes.

Where did you learn of Villains on Vacation? - and why did you decide to app here?::
I used to be an officer in Tenacity. It fell apart and a lot of my friends (Dobbs, Cynise) joined up with VoV. I also like your raid schedule a lot.

We consider ourself to be a non-drama, nerdrage and elitistjerks free guild. We play this game to have fun and firmly belive its possible to down end game encounters in a calm and friendly enviroment!

This is your chance to explaine why we should accept you to our guild.. What makes you stand out?:
I enjoy playing and progressing, but am definately not a hardcore player. I can listen well, talk out any drama that may arise without any rage quitting or drama in Gchat. I can listen to instructions, take criticism, and am reliable.

chapstick (phobos_24)

re: alts/mains

I have a ret/holy pally and a lock (any spec) on Area 52 that I would be happy to xfer back to Maiev if they would suite your needs more adequately. Their links are http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Area+52&cn=Darkseed for my lock and http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Area+52&cn=Ligaments for my pally.

Guest Post Rules are In Effect for this Post
~Anima~

re: APPROVED - App: Phobos_24 - by Arkinedes

missing shoe and wrist enchants, but these are easy fixes

You gemmed for an awful lot of haste, tho normally that's something I don't usually need to question(most people usually carry too little haste). At least from one standpoint that's fine. Would you say that the haste helped you over, say, Spellpower? It's a minimal improvement to change some haste gems to spellpower instead, but is this the case of your playstyle making you more comfortable with the faster heals over harder heals?

otherwise, the dude looks good to me, though I think we're looking for ele. Ark, our Raid leader will probably have something more to say about what we need and any other things.

Yeah, I prefer haste to sp. Right now I feel as though my spells hit for enough with raid buffs and procs that a little extra sp won't be as valuable to me as the extra haste. I guess another reason would be is my worse fear is trying to heal up a person on the verge of death and watching them die while I cast, this helps. I'm always open to suggestions, and like you said its an easy fix. Yeah, I saw you guys don't need any of the chars I have, but I figured it couldn't hurt to try, the worst that could happen is you could say no. Thanks for pointing out my missing enchants, sorry about that. Ill fix it.

Arkinedes
Life Coach
Speaks way to much

Herro..

Thank you very much for spending the time to app, and for making a good one too!
The problem right now, is that we dont have the room for a resto shaman atm.. We have 4-5 full time resto shamans, and 2 of em always shows up..

We just accepted 2 locks, so that spot is pretty closed aswell.. We have 3 healing pally´s and i hardly ever wanna use more then 1 in 25´s.

But i really like your app, and the fact that you already know alot of our members speaks to your advantage.. Ill have to have a talk with my officers about this app.
Ill get back to you in 24 hours!

Ark

(If non of this makes sense, its cause im danish and on morfine)

Peace train
Officer
Wannabe

I think this is a very solid application, as a resto shammy myself I agree his gear and spec are spot on though I'd make a few tiny changes. Mana regen isn't a big issue in 25m raids where a source of replenishment is there 100% of the time, I might lean towards glyphing riptide/hst or earthliving which offer a higher healing value. In heavy aoe damaging encounters the totem you use (Surging Sea) loses its value because you are forced to keep it active through riptide which is pretty lackluster to say the least. I would say the only reason I cast Riptide is to proc Tidal Waves and T10 2pc bonus which reduces my next cast time, Calming Tides totem is way more practical in the current resto sham model as its proc would be active over a longer duration while not limiting you to healing a single target (which Surging Sea totem does) at any given time.

I like this shammy I know we have a lot of shams at the moment but the fact that he is very geared and also a friend of those who currently reside with us I can't see us turning him away. I accept but I don't know how useful he would be with our current roster of shaman overall.

re: app

I hate to put you guys in a worse position with how many resto shaman you guys already have. My pally is ms ret, and I like playing with him a lot. How are you in that department? Whatever you guys decide I'll understand.

Arkinedes
Life Coach
Speaks way to much

Last 25M we had 5 ret pallys, and 4 MS resto shammys... How well does you Lock perform in ICC?

He does good, around 12k dps at a 25% buff. Ill play whichever spec you would like, right now I'm demon/destro.

Existius

Bring your lock over, that's a yes on him. I would liek a demo lock so I can go back destro or aff when I hit 1100ish haste.

Sweeto. Ill start the xfer now, looking forward to playing with you guys.

Arkinedes
Life Coach
Speaks way to much

Accepted on your Lock! Shammy can join as your alt..

Posts from:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Villains on Vacation Forum Index -> Applications All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum

Ventrilo Status
WoWProgress Rank