LFM

Latest Forum Posts
TopicAuthorPostedReplies
User Comment ImageView in Descending OrderApp: Frozened by Frozened3758 days ago0 Replies
User Comment ImageView in Descending OrderApp: holysquishy by Holysquish3879 days ago0 Replies
User Comment ImageView in Descending OrderAPPROVED - App: Gogoroth - by Arkinedes by Gogoroth3914 days ago0 Replies
User Comment ImageView in Descending OrderSanguinistic by Sanguinistic3934 days ago0 Replies
User Comment ImageView in Descending OrderAPPROVED - App: IronmanKain - by Arkinedes by IronmanKain3957 days ago0 Replies
Last Forum Post RSS Feed

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Villains on Vacation Forum Index -> Applications
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Atlas2

re: App: Atlas2

The application submitted by Atlas2 is as follows:

Quote:
Character Name, Age & Name::
Âtlas 18 Schyler

Class & Spec (Off-spec)::
Warrior Fury (Arms)

Plz link your wow-armory, and plz be logged out in your MS PvE gear!::
http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Maiev&cn=%C3%82tlas

Explain some key points in why you spec and glyph the way you do?::
The main reason I spec the way I do is to get the most dps and still be able to cc when needed.

What stats do you prioritize? What do you gem for and "Why"?: :
I prioritize Armor Pen and Strength because these are the main stats for a warrior.

What professions do you have and why?:
Jewlcrafting/Mining (only reason i have mining is because this is my only toon so far with epic flying)

Whats your raid experience in Icecrown Citadel 10M and 25M?::
ICC 10 11/12 ICC 25 6/16

What kinda DPS/HPS do you put out on fights like Sauerfang and Festergut 25M?::
6-8k

What Raid add ons do you use? ::
I use Deadly Boss Mods, Omen, and X-Perl

Do you use vent? and can you listen and be vocal?::
Yes

Where did you learn of Villains on Vacation? - and why did you decide to app here?::
Derpherp and Mcaptain, i decided to apply here because i am trying to find a above par raiding guild.

We consider ourself to be a non-drama, nerdrage and elitistjerks free guild. We play this game to have fun and firmly belive its possible to down end game encounters in a calm and friendly enviroment!

This is your chance to explaine why we should accept you to our guild.. What makes you stand out?:
I believe i am a legit player because i have played this guy 1-80 as fury so i know pretty much all there is to know about it and watch many vids/guides to stay up to date on my class, and i am a very fast learner.

Arkinedes
Life Coach
Speaks way to much

re: DECLINED - App: Atlas2 - by Arkinedes

Holy shit.. i read this, and fo real thought i had a serius dejavú.. but i didnt:

[url]
http://coughdrops.guildlaunch.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=5635929&gid=142132[/url]

You have 3 points in precision, and are still wearing a hit trinket.. having 9.5% hit, with 4.5% over hit cap, when you only need 5% that is just crazy..!!

You got the wrong ashen verdict ring, the wrong belt and more haste then any other warrior ive seen for a while.. Sorry not the "wrong" gear but then again not the "right" gear for us either.

We are pretty full on meele, its a no from me!!

~Anima~

First a statement: I know and believe that gear doesn't make a player good, but their skill does. Your application seems pretty rushed, and you give us very little information about why you value certain stats, or why you gear as you do.

Question 1: Why have you forsaken a 2/2 or a 4 piece tier 10/9 set, and instead only have one 2 piece T10? Is there any reason behind not using a 2 piece tier 9 with your two piece tier 10? (Bonuses from T9 often make those pieces of gear far superior to higher item leveled gear! Remember this, and make sure you research this for your specific class archetype!)

Question 2: Why gem for Armor pen? I did read that warriors need to have 40%(With battle stance, 30% without) armor pen from gear alone before they start gemming armor pen, otherwise they should be gemming str, and it does seem like you fall below that threshold, gearwise. This is not my class, and I'd like to hear why you prefer gemming Armor pen now.

Question 3: Have you researched 25 man fights past where you have been? We currently are past sindragosa progressionwise and will soon be making attempts at LK himself. Would you be willing to research this ahead of time so that when it's explained, it doesn't need to be told more then once?

Question 4: Explain to me exactly what you like about your specs, what your favorite spec is, and why you deem it as an important addition to the raid. What do you excel in? Feel free to express as much as you want here. I'm more interested in knowing about you and seeing how passionate you are about the class. The more passionate you are, the more you'll be able to convince me that you'll be a good player.

First of all the hit cap for warriors is 8%......not 5%

and what other belt should i get????? the healer or tank plate belt??? if so plz explain to me how to play my own class.

Guest Post Rules are In Effect for this Post
Atlas2

my bad forgot to log in on that one above, and what ring should i get the one without strength? yea......no

Atlas2

Ok for the spec, i have been fury since lvl one so its kinda my thing...and the spec is pretty much required for icc with the Piercing Howl for crowd control.
I gem armor pen because i have the Needle-Encrusted Scorpion which increases it by 678 when it procs giving me 98% armor pen. the only reason im not using it is because of recent gear changes which put me below hit cap. The 2 set in t9 only gives 2% crit which isn't a big enough upgrade to replace the gear i have now, and yes i have researched the 25 man fights.

Existius

Ok fury warrior hit cap is 5%. Piercing howl is not needed for CC(where would cc be viable enough to spec into?). You're mixed between Arp and Str, if you where at the arp cap why are you gemming str over arp?

Sorry class knowledge and raid xp i snot what we are seeking, I am going to have to pass, Good luck in the future.
Atlas2

Ive looked it up im almost 100% sure its 8%

Atlas2

Fury Hit cap – The yellow hit cap for arms warriors is at 8% and the same goes for fury. The yellow cap is a must and can easily be obtained. First, you should already have the talent precision to increase hit chance by 3% when maxxed. So to obtain a soft hit cap of 5% at level 80, a fury warrior player needs only 163.95 hit.

from http://dominateyourserver.com/2009/05/15/fury-and-arms-warrior-hit-and-expertise-cap/

~Anima~

you just quoted what they've been saying, do you know what a soft cap is? it means at 5%, with raid buffs, your own skills, etc, it WILL get you to 8%. you do not need to gear to 8%. I mean...... seriously?
Arkinedes
Life Coach
Speaks way to much

Ok sorry, but i gotta point this 1 out!!

8 - 3 = 5 !! What is it that you do not to understand?? Even if you took out the 3 talent points in [Precision] you would still be over hit cap..!!

You can look up my warrior: Arkinedes.. I (too) know what im talking about, and this is very simple stuff..

You wanna take the agility ring, cause the stats scales better with your gear, as you should be gemming all armorpen.. As for belt, you wanna buy the leather melee belt, again, when you wanna gem all armorpen you also wanna pick up all armorpen gear!!

Its a NO, a big NO actually.. You have alot to learn about you class, and you dont seem like a guy that listens very well to criticism.. good luck finding a home!!

Renegaderay
Guild Zenzai
Villian On Vacation

Hey...

There is NO right or wrong spec, talents nor gear in wow.... just a "more" or "less" useful way of utilizing them.
As you can see above, VoV's upper management disagrees with your choices of gear, talents, etc and how you decide to utilize them.
There are guilds out there who's perception differ from ours. Maybe they can find your services "more" useful than us.
Good Luck and enjoy the game Happy

Fixed the hit thing btw

Posts from:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Villains on Vacation Forum Index -> Applications All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum

Ventrilo Status
WoWProgress Rank