LFM

Latest Forum Posts
TopicAuthorPostedReplies
User Comment ImageView in Descending OrderApp: Frozened by Frozened3759 days ago0 Replies
User Comment ImageView in Descending OrderApp: holysquishy by Holysquish3880 days ago0 Replies
User Comment ImageView in Descending OrderAPPROVED - App: Gogoroth - by Arkinedes by Gogoroth3914 days ago0 Replies
User Comment ImageView in Descending OrderSanguinistic by Sanguinistic3935 days ago0 Replies
User Comment ImageView in Descending OrderAPPROVED - App: IronmanKain - by Arkinedes by IronmanKain3958 days ago0 Replies
Last Forum Post RSS Feed

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Villains on Vacation Forum Index -> Applications
View previous topic :: View next topic  
warmachine87

re: App: warmachine87

The application submitted by warmachine87 is as follows:

Quote:
Character Name, Age & Name::
Kärnägé, 23, Reid

Class & Spec (Off-spec)::
Warrior Fury/Prot (off)

Plz link your wow-armory, and plz be logged out in your MS PvE gear!::
http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Maiev&cn=K%C3%A4rn%C3%A4g%C3%A9

Explain some key points in why you spec and glyph the way you do?::
My glyphs and talents are based on a recommendation by Dogrider. He's been my warrior advisor since i've begun

What stats do you prioritize? What do you gem for and "Why"?: :
I've gemmed for strength do to the fact that if your not capped for armor pen the stat is useless. Dogrider has informed me to gem strength until I can i get closer to cap with gear.

What professions do you have and why?:
Low level blacksmithing and Mining. Started the trade skill to craft gear for fellow guild mates.

Whats your raid experience in Icecrown Citadel 10M and 25M?::
In 10 man i've done up to Rot, and Fester. Groups usually disband do to RL issues or time factor. I havent done 25 man on my warrior yet but my main has. Up to blood princess

What kinda DPS/HPS do you put out on fights like Sauerfang and Festergut 25M?::
10 man anywhere from 6k up

What Raid add ons do you use? ::
DBM, Proculous, Omen, and healbot(on my main)

Do you use vent? and can you listen and be vocal?::
Yes. I am almost always on vent. I'm not afraid to address issues I see or if I have a question I ask.

Where did you learn of Villains on Vacation? - and why did you decide to app here?::
Ran a random with Lantz. Said you guys were app after I asked. I've heard you guys know your stuff and I'm looking to improve my skills.

We consider ourself to be a non-drama, nerdrage and elitistjerks free guild. We play this game to have fun and firmly belive its possible to down end game encounters in a calm and friendly enviroment!

This is your chance to explaine why we should accept you to our guild.. What makes you stand out?:
I think you guys should apt me because I'm always tryin to help and I do whatever it takes to improve or progress the situation. Even if that means saving two or more of my toons for the good of the guild. I like to have fun, and Im not afraid to crack a joke or two to lighten the mood. I do my best at everything I do and if I feel i need improvement I try to find it where I can.

~Anima~

re: DECLINED - App: warmachine87 - by Arkinedes

I'll let Ark go at the app gearwise, as I'll admit to knowing next to nothing on melee classes due to my sheer distaste of melee. here's a few other questions though that we have not had the time to add or work in to the application yet.

Do not be intimidated though, I am wall-of-texting you, but that's what I do! Try to be thorough, but remember, we are still a very carefree, elitist jerks free type guild. We want to know that you know your stuff, but as long as you give us understandable reasons for your weird quirks in build/glyph/equipment choices, we won't care!

Questions:

1a.)Can you make our 25 man raid times of 2:30pm servertime Tuesdays and 12:30pm noonish servertime Sundays?

1b.) Assume there's 3 weeks in the month, thus 6 raid days. How many of these days would you on average be able to attend?

2.)Can you devote 4 hours on each of these days to our raid?

3.)Can you show up to raids early or at least on Time?

4.)Do you know how to use the in-game calendar to accept, decline, or mark tentative on set events?(We always put our raids on the calendar)

5.)Are you willing to tell an officer in a timely manner if you will be late for a specific raid? (We are still casual, and do not mind late people so long as they let us know what's going on and do not hold up the raid for an hour+!)

6.) What do you feel your position in a raid is?

7.) Explain the term "Mechanics" and what it means to you when it comes to raiding.

8.) What level of importance do you put DPS to when it comes to boss downing?

9.) What are you looking to get out of your experience with Villains on Vacation?
warmachine87

re: Response to Alandras

Thank you for bringing these questions to my attention. I will do the best I can to answer them.
1a. If and when my charactor is ready tuesdays are usually easiest for me to attend and Sundays would depend on my work schedule, but If available I would be online.
1b. The current guild he was in was raiding 4 times a week, so I would be able to attend at least 4, but would do my best to be online for all 6.
2. If the raid is progressing time is of no concern to me. 4 hrs is fine with me.
3. Im usually online and ready to go early
4. Yes, I usually look at the calender in case of time changes etc.
5. Yes, If any issues arise I contact fellow guildies/officers asap
6. As a melee, I feel my position is to take things down as soon as possible to releave any stress on the healers, tanks, and to help progress the situation.
7. Mechanics to me means, a process of approach. Each person/group has their own way of doing things. Adapting to a different group make-up etc is important.
8. Second, survivablity over all. Dps is only important if the situation allows it. For example: Marrowgar put outs bone spikes. Spikes take priority over boss.
9. Looking to improve my raiding skills and to make some new friends. Most importantly have fun.
~Anima~

You have definately garnered my approval, with availability and your answers to 6-9. Now just awaiting the decision from ark on improvements you may or may not need. Keep in mind that we're looking for people with a similar frame of mind when it comes to raiding, and for people who are always looking to improve! Check back frequently! Today is our raid day though, so there might be a lapse in our responses.
Arkinedes
Life Coach
Speaks way to much

Hmmm... Your gear is absolutly terrible, your not hit capped, your not expertice capped and there are ton of upgrades to your gear that could be obtained within a few hours..!!

Im gonna have to say no, i dont think you would perform very well in a 25M, and a situation where you would win the roll on DBW would make me blow my head off!!
Im sorry but you are not ready for us, get some upgrades and read up on your class and try again at a later stage!

Ark over and out

Arkinedes
Life Coach
Speaks way to much

Actually, hit me up ingame!

Posts from:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Villains on Vacation Forum Index -> Applications All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum

Ventrilo Status
WoWProgress Rank