LFM

Latest Forum Posts
TopicAuthorPostedReplies
User Comment ImageView in Descending OrderApp: Frozened by Frozened3758 days ago0 Replies
User Comment ImageView in Descending OrderApp: holysquishy by Holysquish3879 days ago0 Replies
User Comment ImageView in Descending OrderAPPROVED - App: Gogoroth - by Arkinedes by Gogoroth3914 days ago0 Replies
User Comment ImageView in Descending OrderSanguinistic by Sanguinistic3934 days ago0 Replies
User Comment ImageView in Descending OrderAPPROVED - App: IronmanKain - by Arkinedes by IronmanKain3957 days ago0 Replies
Last Forum Post RSS Feed

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Villains on Vacation Forum Index -> Applications
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Mulchin

re: App: Mulchin

The application submitted by Mulchin is as follows:

Quote:
Character Name, Age & Name::
Mulchin, 16, John

Class & Spec (Off-spec)::
Rogue, combat, (mutilate)

Plz link your wow-armory, and plz be logged out in your MS PvE gear!::
http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Maiev&cn=Mulchin

Explain some key points in why you spec and glyph the way you do?::
My older brother has a night elf rogue and he schooled me on how to spec and glyph.

What stats do you prioritize? What do you gem for and "Why"?: :
currently i am at cap for cap skills, exept my helmet and somthing else which i will re gem when i get new gear. now i prioritize armor pen because combat rogues stack apen as much as possible

What professions do you have and why?:
Right now i am skinning and LW, skinning was a money maker that i could lvl while lvling, but my lw is low and i will build it up when i have money

Whats your raid experience in Icecrown Citadel 10M and 25M?::
In icc10 i have gotten up to sindi, getting her to 15%, know all fights like the back of my hand. icc25 i have gotten up to PP and know up to PP easily.

What kinda DPS/HPS do you put out on fights like Sauerfang and Festergut 25M?::
on saurfang depending on my lag i will be between 11-13kdps and festergut a minimum of 9k with max 11.5k

What Raid add ons do you use? ::
The main ones are Omen and Deadly Boss Mods. but i use other small ones like recount atlas loot, ect

Do you use vent? and can you listen and be vocal?::
I do use vent and will be vocal if needed, i listen well but usually try to let raid leader talk

Where did you learn of Villains on Vacation? - and why did you decide to app here?::
I was in trade chat looking for a good raiding guild, i got whispered about this one and decided to try it out

We consider ourself to be a non-drama, nerdrage and elitistjerks free guild. We play this game to have fun and firmly belive its possible to down end game encounters in a calm and friendly enviroment!

This is your chance to explaine why we should accept you to our guild.. What makes you stand out?:
I am a fast learner who is always open to constructive critisism, i have a fun laid back and helpfull personality. When i was with Alliance in a guild run of saurfang i out dpsed a rogue of the same spec with 300higher gs then me by 0.5k

~Anima~

re: DECLINED - App: Mulchin - by Arkinedes

Imma just copy the questions from the other thread, and I'll ask Chiron to look at your build.

Anyways: This is a "Wall of text", I know, but responding and answering will let us know how devoted you are to joining.

Questions:

1a.)Can you make our 25 man raid times of 2:30pm servertime Tuesdays and 12:30pm noonish servertime Sundays?

1b.) Assume there's 3 weeks in the month, thus 6 25m raid days. How many of these days would you on average be able to attend?

2.)Can you devote 4 hours on each of these days to our raid?

3.)Can you show up to raids early or at least on Time?

4.)Do you know how to use the in-game calendar to accept, decline, or mark tentative on set events?(We always put our raids on the calendar)

5.)Are you willing to tell an officer in a timely manner if you will be late for a specific raid? (We are still casual, and do not mind late people so long as they let us know what's going on and do not hold up the raid for an hour+!)

6.) What do you feel your position in a raid is?

7.) Explain the term "Mechanics" and what it means to you when it comes to raiding.

8.) What level of importance do you put DPS to when it comes to boss downing?

9.) What are you looking to get out of your experience with Villains on Vacation?
chironsbody

His MS is the standard cookie cutter elitist jerks combat spec. However his OS is the old rupture rotation, which shouldn't be a problem unless he plans on going mutilate.

Two empty minor glyphs, I would recommend getting a glyph of safe fall. It can save some fall damage in a fight, I know there are very few fights where this could come into play, but again why not put it in if you have empty slots?

Also some of your gear isn't gemmed or gemmed improperly ie +16 ap/+12 stam gem on your cloak (with no enchant btw). If its for you meta bonus use a nightmare tear. Missing head and shoulder enchant also. Also since you are a LW, why don't you have your +110 AP enchant on your bracers? One arctic fur should be NOTHING to you. Also your hit with haste cd is so bad its not on the spreadsheet to calculate your dps. Pyrite infuser is the lowest which could easily be farmed until you get something like Banner of victory or the needle encrusted scorpion. Either you have 0 luck in grinding for those or you are lazy.

Seeing things like this makes me question how much someone cares about their character and maxing their toon's potential. If people won't do the little things, can they be trusted to do the big ones? Just my opinion.

I highly doubt you pull 11-13k dps. According to the spreadsheet your top will be about 10.2 and that's with some of the "benefit of the doubt" gear pieces, gems and enchants cuz some of your's are too low to be considered on the spread sheet.

I would have to vote no, we need people who take their toons seriously, and I do not believe you are doing that.
Existius

Just a heads up. Gearscore doesn't mean shit and this guild doesn't believe in it. Skills/awareness>GS/dps.
Arkinedes
Life Coach
Speaks way to much

24 hours to answer..

Mulchin

Well i do know i gemmed my helm wrong, wich will change when i get my t10 helm, im working up money and mats for enchants and gems, working up my leather working, and i dont think it would be unreasonable to trial me while i am fixing things that are wrong.

Guest Post Rules are In Effect for this Post
Mulchin

1a.)Can you make our 25 man raid times of 2:30pm servertime Tuesdays and 12:30pm noonish servertime Sundays?
Yes

1b.) Assume there's 3 weeks in the month, thus 6 25m raid days. How many of these days would you on average be able to attend?
5-6

2.)Can you devote 4 hours on each of these days to our raid?
Yes

3.)Can you show up to raids early or at least on Time?
I ussually show up 15-30 minutes early so yes

4.)Do you know how to use the in-game calendar to accept, decline, or mark tentative on set events?(We always put our raids on the calendar)
Yes

5.)Are you willing to tell an officer in a timely manner if you will be late for a specific raid? (We are still casual, and do not mind late people so long as they let us know what's going on and do not hold up the raid for an hour+!)
Of course

6.) What do you feel your position in a raid is?
To deal as much dps as possible and to watch whats going on around me to keep other people safe, for example little oozes and inoculation

7.) Explain the term "Mechanics" and what it means to you when it comes to raiding.

8.) What level of importance do you put DPS to when it comes to boss downing?
depending on the fight, it can be high -medium. for a fester fight its obviously high because of his short enrage timer but for a dreamwalker fight its still important to down adds but its a healers fight. Saying that i want to say i know that good tanks and good healers are just as important if not more than DPS

9.) What are you looking to get out of your experience with Villains on Vacation?
I would like to get some good raiding obviously but i would also like to meet some cool new people and be in a laid back friendly guild

~Anima~

#7 wasn't answered, and your level of importance of DPS leaves me worried that you might develop severe tunnel vision. In this guild, we do not worry nor care about DPS so long as the mechanics are done right, and that the boss does not hit the enrage timer. The only time we look at dps when it comes to a boss is when said enrage timer is hit, and the only time that USUALLY comes into account is on Blood Queen, when people do stupid things like complete rotations or complete casts before acting on things like shadows or blood pact.

Because you're in melee range, your responses on the level of importance of DPS leaves me worried that you would be just another combat rogue who feels it's more important to finish his rotation then move out of range in a situation like Blood queen with flames on you, letting it drop inside of melee, getting others damaged/killed.

I'm sorry, but I'm gonna have to agree with Chiron here: You do not seem to be the type of player we're looking for in terms of progression, raidwise. I'll haveta say no myself too.
chironsbody

It seems to me he just wants to get carried to get some new gear and move on. Its one thing to have some things wrong and fix them before a guild invite, its another to say invite me and i'll fix them once i get new gear.
chironsbody

Mulchin wrote:
Well i do know i gemmed my helm wrong, wich will change when i get my t10 helm, im working up money and mats for enchants and gems, working up my leather working, and i dont think it would be unreasonable to trial me while i am fixing things that are wrong.

Lawls, where did i say you gemmed your helm wrong?
Arkinedes
Life Coach
Speaks way to much

Thx for you checking back at us!

It gonna be a no for now, it looks like you dont have the love for your char that is needed to be a good raider.

Fix enchants, gear and get some more experience and app back here!!

Otherwise good luck with your guildsearch

Ark over and out

Mulchin

well thanks for considering anyway, i get your concerns and even though i dissagree i understand

Arkinedes
Life Coach
Speaks way to much

Prove me wrong and get back in here!!

Posts from:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Villains on Vacation Forum Index -> Applications All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum

Ventrilo Status
WoWProgress Rank