LFM

Latest Forum Posts
TopicAuthorPostedReplies
User Comment ImageView in Descending OrderApp: Frozened by Frozened3758 days ago0 Replies
User Comment ImageView in Descending OrderApp: holysquishy by Holysquish3879 days ago0 Replies
User Comment ImageView in Descending OrderAPPROVED - App: Gogoroth - by Arkinedes by Gogoroth3914 days ago0 Replies
User Comment ImageView in Descending OrderSanguinistic by Sanguinistic3934 days ago0 Replies
User Comment ImageView in Descending OrderAPPROVED - App: IronmanKain - by Arkinedes by IronmanKain3957 days ago0 Replies
Last Forum Post RSS Feed

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Zbul

re: Dummy's Guide for Moving to Canada

This is from one of my best friends, and grew out of a discussion of how I was going to move to Canada if we elected Donald Trump as President.

"It's easy enough. Here's my "Moving to Canada for Dummies:"

*You get to like donuts (Tim Horton's, of course).
*You root for the Maple Leafs. Maybe not if you are in Edmonton or Vancouver.
*And you say Eh after anything that sounds like a question.
*Add a "u" to words and change your "z" to "s".
*And remember that Z isn't pronounced Zee but Zed.
*But you'll have to learn French no matter where you move. The best way to learn French is sitting at the kitchen table eating a bowl of cereal and reading the cereal box. English and French are next to each other so it's easy to learn.
*Smarties aren't the little sweet tart candies but M&M-like. In fact, all chocolate is a blend between US and European chocolate. Oh, that's right Lisa, you don't like chocolate. So don't eat the Canadian Smarties.
*The one dollar coin is called the Looney and the two dollar coin is the Tooney.
*Sesame Street in Canada doesn't have Spanish but French (because you have to learn how to speak French to get a decent job). That may be another excellent way of learning French.
*Much Music is the equivalent of MTV.
*They love Brian Adams, The Barenaked Ladies and Alan Thicke
*If you want a good burger, go to Harvey's
*If you want good chicken, Go to Swiss Chalet
*There used to be 2 Major League Baseball teams, but the Montreal Canadians moved somewhere out of Canada. (My Canadian grandfather would ONLY cheer on American teams.)
*Roots is their equivalent of Tommy Hilfiger.
*Gas is way more expensive. Oh, and you'll figure it out once you convert Gallons to Litres because everything is on the metric system. Good luck with that.
*There's a lot of snow. Like, a lot.
*Everything costs more. Taxes are higher, but they take care of their people better.
*When you retire, you will become a snowbird in St. Petersburg, Clearwater or Largo, Florida.
*You drive on the other side of the road (JUST KIDDING - making sure you are still paying attention).
*Apparently, wedding cake in Canada is fruitcake. To me that is horrific. Fruitcake is no dessert. If you have fruitcake at your wedding, I won't go. I've never gotten so sick on a food.
*Most people are friendly and laid-back. They like to sit back and have their dinners and drinks and just enjoy life. There's a lesson in that."

Posts from:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Villains on Vacation Forum Index -> News All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum

Ventrilo Status
WoWProgress Rank