LFM

Latest Forum Posts
TopicAuthorPostedReplies
User Comment ImageView in Descending OrderApp: Frozened by Frozened3759 days ago0 Replies
User Comment ImageView in Descending OrderApp: holysquishy by Holysquish3880 days ago0 Replies
User Comment ImageView in Descending OrderAPPROVED - App: Gogoroth - by Arkinedes by Gogoroth3915 days ago0 Replies
User Comment ImageView in Descending OrderSanguinistic by Sanguinistic3935 days ago0 Replies
User Comment ImageView in Descending OrderAPPROVED - App: IronmanKain - by Arkinedes by IronmanKain3958 days ago0 Replies
Last Forum Post RSS Feed

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Villains on Vacation Forum Index -> Applications
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Flamkeepr
Villain on Vacation

re: App: Flamkeepr

The application submitted by Flamkeepr is as follows:

Quote:
Name, Age, Gender & character name::
Colin Adams Cone, 16, Male, Chronicitis

Class & Spec (Off-spec)::
Prot/ Fury DPS

Plz link your wow-armory, and plz be logged out in your MS PvE gear!::
http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/maiev/Chronicitis/simple

Explain some key points in why you spec and glyph the way you do?::
Being a single target minded tank I use a spec that will help me stay alive during huge bursts of damage opposed to holding groups of adds for a long period of time while dps pummels them with AoE. I glyph for extra TPS with Devastate and the others are useful for holding aggro during trash.

What stats do you prioritize? What do you gem for and "Why"?: :
I reforge as much as I can into Mastery and Parry, Mastery being priority. I gem almost exclusively into Mastery. Mastery is my priority because it offers the highest mitigation of all the tank stats.

What professions do you have and why?:
I have Herbalism and Mining. I use Mining for the extra stam and herbalism for the extra cash but the small self heal is pretty useful.

What past raiding experience do you have?:
I've played since beta and have experience in every raid up to Cata. The only boss that I have not downed is Kj.

What Raid add ons do you use? ::
Recount, Omen, DBM, and Healers have to die.

Do you use vent? and can you listen and be vocal?::
I do and I will!

Where did you learn of Villains on Vacation? - and why did you decide to app here?::
I've heard of the guild through a few of my friends. I decided to App because I have heard you are an exceptional group of raiders and I am interested in helping you guys succeed!

Whats you favorite fast-food? and why?:
Carl's Jr, because where else can you get burgers that big for that cheap?

We consider ourself to be a non-drama, nerdrage and elitistjerks free guild. We play this game to have fun and firmly belive its possible to down end game encounters in a calm and friendly enviroment!

This is your chance to explaine why we should accept you to our guild.. What makes you stand out?:
I stand out because I am very raid aware and will never be caught standing in fire. I also am great at taking orders and even better at executing said orders. Also once I join a team I will do anything to help them succeed.

We have a very early raiding schedule, will you be able to make our raid-times?:
Yes

Arkinedes
Life Coach
Speaks way to much

re: APPROVED - App: Flamkeepr - by Arkinedes

Hi there, and thank you for taking the time to app here!

Ima be a bit picky now, since the tanks we have in and around the core group are all really good, and it will take more then the average joe to convince me that they should be replaced! (or go back to deeps)

Your sheild is unenchanted, and your shoulders are deffently a pair of dps shoulders, and are not enchanted either, your gear is not ready for firelands right now, but since we pretty much full clear tier 11 raids every week, that should quickly be fixed!!

The prot warriors stats are right now: Parry > dodge > mastery > stam
But you wanna try end keep parry and dodge as close to eachother as possible, and with parry comming from strength, you will never have to reforge anything in to parry!!
If a piece dont have mastery on it (parry/expertice or dodge/hit etc.) you reforge the non-mitigation stat in to mastery!
If a piece have Parry/Mastery, you reforge the parry in to dodge!
If a piece have Dodge/Mastery, you dont reforge it at all!!
If a piece have Dodge/Parry, you reforge the parry to mastery!

In total, you should only be reforging to either dodge or mastery, but with the intend to keep parry and dodge around the same! So if you´have more dodge then parry, you dont reforge your parry to doge etc.

Personally i think your current spec is alittle off, you might have trouble holding threath, and you have a few point in places where i belive they would better off else where!

There are alot of easy gear upgrades out there that you can get, and seeing that you havent picked em up already, and the fact that you hardly have raided on this toon at all, leads me to belive this as alt, or a main you just switched to!

Can you please link me a wow-armory link to your main?

I like your app, hit me up ingame, or answer back here. I would like to see how you perform in 1 of the tier 11 raids..

Ark over and out

Arkinedes
Life Coach
Speaks way to much

Also, your profession scream alt to me..

Flamkeepr
Villain on Vacation

Thanks for the suggestions! I've been reading up on Elitist Jerks and other sites and this is how they told me to gem and reforge but I guess I misinterpreted them wrong! You're right about me switching mains! I used to play a mage but I had to take like a 3 month break from WoW because of school sports and work. That also explains my lack of raiding in Cata. My shield actually is chanted but its not showing up for some reason but if it doesn't in game I'll re do it. I agree my spec may be a tad off because I just followed a cookie cutter spec and then picked what I thought would be useful but again I could be wrong! Also with the shoulders, according to Rawr if reforged they will still have better mitigation than all of the heroic blue shoulders and can only be replaced with other Zandalari shoulders or ones from a T11 raid and I've been trying to get a drop but for some reason both the troll heroics hate me. If the professions are a problem in your eyes then I could power level either BS or Alch no problem! Thanks for taking a look and giving me some advice!
Posts from:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Villains on Vacation Forum Index -> Applications All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum

Ventrilo Status
WoWProgress Rank