LFM

Latest Forum Posts
TopicAuthorPostedReplies
User Comment ImageView in Descending OrderApp: Frozened by Frozened3759 days ago0 Replies
User Comment ImageView in Descending OrderApp: holysquishy by Holysquish3880 days ago0 Replies
User Comment ImageView in Descending OrderAPPROVED - App: Gogoroth - by Arkinedes by Gogoroth3915 days ago0 Replies
User Comment ImageView in Descending OrderSanguinistic by Sanguinistic3935 days ago0 Replies
User Comment ImageView in Descending OrderAPPROVED - App: IronmanKain - by Arkinedes by IronmanKain3958 days ago0 Replies
Last Forum Post RSS Feed

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Villains on Vacation Forum Index -> Applications
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Ripsaw666

re: App: Ripsaw666

The application submitted by Ripsaw666 is as follows:

Quote:
Character Name, Age & Name::
rîpsâw, 23, Ben

Class & Spec (Off-spec)::
mage fire pvp arcane pve

Plz link your wow-armory, and plz be logged out in your MS PvE gear!::
http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Maiev&cn=R%C3%AEps%C3%A2w

Explain some key points in why you spec and glyph the way you do?::
same as any dps to do more dps

What stats do you prioritize? What do you gem for and "Why"?: :
what ever rawr tells me

What professions do you have and why?:
alch eng i like the eng toys and the haste trink on the gloves and cheaper flasks

Whats your raid experience in Icecrown Citadel 10M and 25M?::
11/12 10 man 7/12 25 man

What kinda DPS/HPS do you put out on fights like Sauerfang and Festergut 25M?::
about 12-13 k

What Raid add ons do you use? ::
magefever, quartz cast bar, dbm, sct, epgp few others

Do you use vent? and can you listen and be vocal?::
yes and yes

Where did you learn of Villains on Vacation? - and why did you decide to app here?::
people have been tellign me you need a mage and to fill out an app i think a dude named doodrspwn or something was the first to ask me

We consider ourself to be a non-drama, nerdrage and elitistjerks free guild. We play this game to have fun and firmly belive its possible to down end game encounters in a calm and friendly enviroment!

This is your chance to explaine why we should accept you to our guild.. What makes you stand out?:
im a good mage and i know the fights, oh and im a nice guy

~Anima~

re: APPROVED - App: Ripsaw666 - by Arkinedes

well, you don't have enough haste for Fire to be worth it at the moment. And from what you wrote about your stat priorities, it made me feel almost as if you are just using rawr to make your gear better then others without knowing the exact reason why it prioritizes stats the way it does.

To me, you may be good; but as I've never grouped with you and don't know you, remember: an app to a guild should be treated with more respect! There's a lot that you fail to tell us here! I want to be convinced that you're a good mage and not that you are because you say you are. Anyone can claim they're good, give me a reason to agree with you!

Get pve boots, btw. PVP boots are bad.
Arkinedes
Life Coach
Speaks way to much

Again a hurry´d app..

Take your time and if there is any of the questions you wanna be more precise with go ahead..
But if this is what we get to judge you by, then ima have to say no!!

Existius

Horrible App, if you want us to take your app seriously then you need to take time and fill out your app seriously.
Ripsaw666

i guess the app is not thurough enough, so allow me to elaborate.
I gem for spellpower and haste.Those are the stats that increase dps the most for an arcane mage. If the socket bonus is less than 7 sp i use reckless ametrine instead of a blue gem. I chose reckless ametrine over runed cardinal ruby here because im at the point where haste is starting to overtake spellpower in terms of dps increase. As you said in your reply i dont yet have the gear for fire to overtake arcane, but I soon will, and will then gem for crit, which is the primary stat for fire. Im not totally dependant on rawr, however, it is nice to have it to buff out the little scratches and be sure your getting absolutely the most you can get out of your gear, and to know which pcs of gear i should try to get next to get the desireable dps increase. As for the boots, I'm currently farming gold in order to purchase the 264 crafted boots(sandals of consecration) I'm about half way there and should have them by the end of the weekend. I have chosen sandals of consecration over deathfrost boots because i am slightly over the hit cap, and the equip list of my available gear that included the sandals came up with 100 dps higher than the equip list with deathfrost boots. Im not quite sure what else to tell you but if you feel you require more information about how i gear/gem/enchant, or about my playstyle to better decide if i am a player you want raiding with your guild, leave a comment and ill post back asap. I will be checking for replys regularly.Thank you for your time, and happy raiding Happy
Renegaderay
Guild Zenzai
Villian On Vacation

Well played good sir. Lets see how upper management respond to them deitailed, details Happy

Thank you, for following up on your app!

I personally dont know much about mages, but i am happy to see you answering back with an additional answer, that tells me that you actually care if we accept you or not!!

Unless all you wrote is terribly wrong im go ahead and approve you!

~Anima~

I'm more then satisfied with the response. He got it all right, added in the additional information I knew mages needed without needing additional "Hints" to post. Gave a good explanation for the boots. Go for it, Ark
Posts from:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Villains on Vacation Forum Index -> Applications All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum

Ventrilo Status
WoWProgress Rank