LFM

Latest Forum Posts
TopicAuthorPostedReplies
User Comment ImageView in Descending OrderApp: Frozened by Frozened3759 days ago0 Replies
User Comment ImageView in Descending OrderApp: holysquishy by Holysquish3880 days ago0 Replies
User Comment ImageView in Descending OrderAPPROVED - App: Gogoroth - by Arkinedes by Gogoroth3914 days ago0 Replies
User Comment ImageView in Descending OrderSanguinistic by Sanguinistic3935 days ago0 Replies
User Comment ImageView in Descending OrderAPPROVED - App: IronmanKain - by Arkinedes by IronmanKain3958 days ago0 Replies
Last Forum Post RSS Feed

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Villains on Vacation Forum Index -> Applications
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Ranger31409

re: App: Ranger31409

The application submitted by Ranger31409 is as follows:

Quote:
Character Name, Age & Name::
codyrangerss. 20 & cody

Class & Spec (Off-spec)::
Balanced with of resto

Plz link your wow-armory, and plz be logged out in your MS PvE gear!::
http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Maiev&cn=Codyrangerss

Explain some key points in why you spec and glyph the way you do?::
balanced because they have awesome dps for starters. i have rebirth so i need no reagents. startfall for 30 sec less cooldown. and other starfall for more powerful hits. and so i wont aggro more monsters in icc. wild for less mana cost incase a tank or some one dies i can rebirth and use less mana to rebuff him mid fight. and moonfire for more perodic damage.

What stats do you prioritize? What do you gem for and "Why"?: :
Spell power most. haste and crit. for stronger faster hits. plus a little hit rating

What professions do you have and why?:
enchanting in progress. so i can enchant myself and guildies for no cost

Whats your raid experience in Icecrown Citadel 10M and 25M?::
on my druid.

What kinda DPS/HPS do you put out on fights like Sauerfang and Festergut 25M?::
7/12 10m but i have exp 11/12 10m on 25m. iv been 8/12 only with pugs.

What Raid add ons do you use? ::
dbm. epgm. recount for personal reason to show myself how much dps i put out and how i can improve

Do you use vent? and can you listen and be vocal?::
Yes

Where did you learn of Villains on Vacation? - and why did you decide to app here?::
just heard it around from friends and just did a weekly with one from yalls guild. Heard yall were a great raiding guild and would like tojoin in.

We consider ourself to be a non-drama, nerdrage and elitistjerks free guild. We play this game to have fun and firmly belive its possible to down end game encounters in a calm and friendly enviroment!

This is your chance to explaine why we should accept you to our guild.. What makes you stand out?:
Because i love to just have fun. Raid with people who take it serious but also know how to have fun. Great with dps. if i need to learn something. Im very open to feedback and try new things. and as you said. very no drama here. a guy looking for a great guild.

~Anima~

re: DECLINED - App: Ranger31409 - by Arkinedes

where do I start....

Gems: Booms do not gem haste. Period(until crit softcap, but you're nowhere near this). Your highest priorities should be Spellpower and Crit, you get more then enough haste to reach an extremely fast cast time with the proper gear. Boomers do not get a huge increase in DPS from haste, but rather get ours from crit, as most of our hits are considered Nukes. Classes like mages who need haste do it because they have certain abilities that only work when their haste has reached a certain point. boomers just cast faster, there's nothing more to it.

Build: Boomkins shouldn't ever have more then 1 point into Genesis, it's wasted completely as it only increases your DOT damage. We only have 2 dots, and even when applied properly and always up, they do not account for a HUGE portion of our damage. 3% additional damage of 10% maximum combined damage is less then a percent increase! You should not have the "Naturalist" talent, at all. You're not casting healing touch, for one, and you don't deal Physical damage because Boomers do Spell Damage. Those points are MUCH better put into Gale winds, Force of Nature(this is a MUST for boomers, btw), Typhoon, or Owlkin Frenzy.

Glyphs: I understand why you use Focus, because you don't want to aggro, but being as you're a casting class, you should realize that the same effect can be produced by Line-of-sighting, and by standing at an appropriate range, Aside from the FIRST room's pull, there shouldn't be any other instance in ICC where you throttle your Starfall. I don't glyph it, because I get much, much more out of glyph of starfire, glyph of Rebirth(this is strictly a progression glyph, and should be changed out for moonfire after progression has happened and a guild can one-shot an instance), and glyph of starfall. As a boomkin I actually use starfall on all trash pulls in ICC successfully without aggroing the whole room. being able to use it unglyphed requires situational and room awareness. I'd rather see someone use Glyph of Moonfire or Glyph of Rebirth in its place, as it makes you reduce your range and takes out a large portion of your dps in many fights in ICC. If you accidently pull off a tank in ICC in trash(It DOES happen just because a boomer does seriously crazy aoe damage) the mob has a much farther path to get to you before it hits you, which allows a tank to see this offpull, and Deathgrip/Righteous Defense/Taunt/Growl the mob off of you faster and makes sure you don't take damage if they react fast enough. This glyph actually ALSO renders Starfall completely useless in fights you must stay ranged in; such as Saurfang, Lady Deathwhisper, Dreamwalker, Putricide, Festergut, Rotface, Sindragosa, Gunship to a lesser extent. Starfall is my 3rd highest damage output period in boss fights. in the ones you need to stay ranged in, removing your ability to starfall on them at the range you're required to stand means you lose out completely on your 3rd highest dps method.

Gear: Needle-encrusted Scorpion.... why? Why do you have this with no Feral offspec? This trinket is worthless for you, and I feel hella bad for whoever mighta lost this in a roll to you if you had a feral druid/Rogue/Hunter rolling on it too. Talisman of resurgence: again, why? there should be no need for this if you had looked up Boomkin gearing. For straight out of Heroics trinkets, you should have an Abyssal Rune, for one, from TOC normal. This actually gives you more DPS then Talisman of Resurgence does. Gearscore is meaningless. the second "Best" non-raid(lets define non-raid as Triumph bought, honor bought, or Heroic/non-heroic 5man dropped) trinket is actually Battlemaster's Ruination. The straight boost to spellpower does more then Talisman of resurgence as well when converted to an "Over time" dps. If you were to get an abyssal rune and keep the Talisman this would be fine, BUT: You should never be without a Tier set bonus! You have no tier! Tier 9 set bonus would be better then all the gearscore stacking equipment you have now. And I absolutely hate to see boomers with Cloth pieces except in the Pants/feet slot, as those are where cloth is best in slot!

I wrote a lot.... Truthfully Cody, this is here for your help, not for a critique. You need to realize a bit about boomers, and I hope this clears up stuff for you. Feel free to pm me in game if you have any question about boomers, I'll help you clear it up, and help you be better at the Class. However, when it comes to chances of getting in the guild, we're pretty full up on Druids at the moment, and we don't really need more then 1 boom in the 25. Ark is the final say on this matter, but the chances of getting into one of our 25 mans probably would be lowish, so keep that in mind.

Last edited by ~Anima~ on 2010/09/18 6:03 pm; edited 1 time in total
Existius

re: DECLINED - App: Ranger31409 - by Arkinedes

I vote no, his experience is not what we are looking for at the moment. Ty for apping and Gl in your future endeavors.
Posts from:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Villains on Vacation Forum Index -> Applications All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum

Ventrilo Status
WoWProgress Rank