LFM

Latest Forum Posts
TopicAuthorPostedReplies
User Comment ImageView in Descending OrderApp: Frozened by Frozened3758 days ago0 Replies
User Comment ImageView in Descending OrderApp: holysquishy by Holysquish3879 days ago0 Replies
User Comment ImageView in Descending OrderAPPROVED - App: Gogoroth - by Arkinedes by Gogoroth3914 days ago0 Replies
User Comment ImageView in Descending OrderSanguinistic by Sanguinistic3934 days ago0 Replies
User Comment ImageView in Descending OrderAPPROVED - App: IronmanKain - by Arkinedes by IronmanKain3957 days ago0 Replies
Last Forum Post RSS Feed

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Villains on Vacation Forum Index -> Applications
View previous topic :: View next topic  
rockkie
Villain on Vacation

re: App: rockkie

The application submitted by rockkie is as follows:

Quote:
Character Name, Age & Name::
Derpherp, 17, Tyler

Class & Spec (Off-spec)::
Shadow,Discipline

Plz link your wow-armory, and plz be logged out in your MS PvE gear!::
http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Maiev&cn=Derpherp

Explain some key points in why you spec and glyph the way you do?::
I glyphed the way i did for maximum dps output and to be able to regain what mana I can.

What stats do you prioritize? What do you gem for and "Why"?: :
Spell power, Haste, Crit, Spriti in that order it allows for max damage

What professions do you have and why?:
Enchanting and tailoring because of the embroidery and special enchants. I am able to give to myself and i like being self sufficient

Whats your raid experience in Icecrown Citadel 10M and 25M?::
7/12 on both but know all fights and am a quick pickup on content im unaware of how to do.

What kinda DPS/HPS do you put out on fights like Sauerfang and Festergut 25M?::
last knowntime I dpsed Sauerfang I produced 5700 with no bloodlust and was also first time doing fight. I put out 3200 hps on both fights being disc

What Raid add ons do you use? ::
Grid,DBM, Omen

Do you use vent? and can you listen and be vocal?::
I do have ventrillo and a mic .

Where did you learn of Villains on Vacation? - and why did you decide to app here?::
Lantz and Peacetrain. I decided to app here due to it being layed back but still able to raid at a high level.

We consider ourself to be a non-drama, nerdrage and elitistjerks free guild. We play this game to have fun and firmly belive its possible to down end game encounters in a calm and friendly enviroment!

This is your chance to explaine why we should accept you to our guild.. What makes you stand out?:
Well im a very outgoing and personable person. I Have been playing WoW since vanilla. I am very knowledgable on many classes including mine. I have been 80 for nearly 2 weeks now getting what gear i can , ive produced about 85 triumphs to prove how dedicated i can be in 1 day. I was Discipline MS but speaking to Lant and Peacetrain made me realize what im good at and enjoy how i play. I will be gearing my shadoew set to the fullest with o without the help of the guild. I am a dedicated end-game player seeing all the way through togc heroic mode to prove it. Overall im a dedicated player who will not miss raids and will perform to the best of my knowledge taking adice the whole way whatever it takes to become a better player. On a personal note im a high school student who travels around the country playing tournament paintball. and im a very relaxed layed back person who loves to play wow and have a good time.

~Anima~

re: APPROVED - App: rockkie - by Arkinedes

1: I would recommend dumping Talisman of resurgence for the IL200 Abyssal Rune. That's the first thing I noticed. easy to get, run TOC5 normal til it drops. It'll actually give you more of a dps boost then Resurgence. Most people do not realize this, and go for triumph trinkets, Resurgence is slightly inferior, while Maghia's is vastly inferior to Abyssal rune.

2: You should really focus on getting set pieces for your chosen spec. Your Tier set for 9 is mainly for healing, you get a very nice boost in dps with full T9/T10 shadow priest sets or 2 piece tier sets, at least. a Shadow priest, for one, should aim for 4 piece tier 10, and never think about dropping that bonus! Remember: having hybrid pieces(parts of both sets) doesn't make you a flexible character, it instead handicaps you against players who gear appropriately for each spec!

3: I totally understand where you're coming from though, I was once the 4.9k gs undergeared underexperienced player who spent over an hour talking to Lantz, I let him know exactly what I knew, and how, despite my gear, I could be a great and valueable member of the guild. This guild is not huge on gear, nor on elitism, but we try to know about what it takes to make our classes preform at a high, competitive level. Answer 3 in a way that would prove to me and to anyone looking at this that you know about your class, and feel free to rant on it(the more time spent on it, the better! it lets me know more about your dedication to the class!): Tell me WHY you enjoy priests, why you excel at it, and what you view your position in a raid to be. Let me and everyone else know why you would be a great addition to the guild, and make us believe it!

I look forward to hearing back from you on these questions! Also, if you'd like, contact me after our ICC runs today/tomorrow, and I'll run some heroics with you, and discuss this more.

1: I would recommend dumping Talisman of resurgence for the IL200 Abyssal Rune. That's the first thing I noticed. easy to get, run TOC5 normal til it drops. It'll actually give you more of a dps boost then Resurgence. Most people do not realize this, and go for triumph trinkets, Resurgence is slightly inferior, while Maghia's is vastly inferior to Abyssal rune.

2: You should really focus on getting set pieces for your chosen spec. Your Tier set for 9 is mainly for healing, you get a very nice boost in dps with full T9/T10 shadow priest sets or 2 piece tier sets, at least. a Shadow priest, for one, should aim for 4 piece tier 10, and never think about dropping that bonus! Remember: having hybrid pieces(parts of both sets) doesn't make you a flexible character, it instead handicaps you against players who gear appropriately for each spec!

3: I totally understand where you're coming from though, I was once the 4.9k gs undergeared underexperienced player who spent over an hour talking to Lantz, I let him know exactly what I knew, and how, despite my gear, I could be a great and valueable member of the guild. This guild is not huge on gear, nor on elitism, but we try to know about what it takes to make our classes preform at a high, competitive level. Answer 3 in a way that would prove to me and to anyone looking at this that you know about your class, and feel free to rant on it(the more time spent on it, the better! it lets me know more about your dedication to the class!): Tell me WHY you enjoy priests, why you excel at it, and what you view your position in a raid to be. Let me and everyone else know why you would be a great addition to the guild, and make us believe it!

I look forward to hearing back from you on these questions! Also, if you'd like, contact me after our ICC runs today/tomorrow, and I'll run some heroics with you, and discuss this more.

Update: i grabbed the trinket you suggested and also picked up the trinket from corin direbrew. I also picked up a pair of 264 legs and the t9 helm today as you requested. I am working diligently to improve gear and am up to 55 frost and will have a peice of t10 asap and will have another peice of t9 tmrw.

And a answer to your questions, i enjoy priest because while they are able to heal and dps they are very situational and can be used all sorts of was making me very diversable for all types of groups and activites. I excel at my priest because i have practiced the rotations,tryed new rotations and researched my class and specc. I View my raid position to be a solid dps shackeling in raids that need it come cata and healing when need be. I am a solid dps and will improve night in and night out.

Guest Post Rules are In Effect for this Post
Existius

Let me ask you this, would you mind sacrificing dps to come out of shadowform and heal? Or even Hymn of Hope or Divine Hymn? If so what percentage of mana would you do it at for Hymn of Hope, and at what point in say....Fester HM would you use Divine Hymn?
Do you think you can compete with our high end DPS in hard modes without being a number cruncher? Do you believe mechanics are greater than dps?
Finally if I tell you to research a fight how would you go about doing that?

Let me ask you this, would you mind sacrificing dps to come out of shadowform and heal? Or even Hymn of Hope or Divine Hymn? If so what percentage of mana would you do it at for Hymn of Hope, and at what point in say....Fester HM would you use Divine Hymn?
Do you think you can compete with our high end DPS in hard modes without being a number cruncher? Do you believe mechanics are greater than dps?
Finally if I tell you to research a fight how would you go about doing that?

yes if i see or someone notices that a healer or 2 has dropped i would come out of shadowform to try and complete the boss my dps is insufficient if the raid isnt alive. It is not always about myself in particular so if there is a intense healing fight and it requires me to use divine hymm. Also i would use hymn of hope if the healers are starting to become low on mana as it gives them 3% of their mana back so this could be used at the beginning of the fight in the sense that i could use it later in the fight or it could be used at the end of the fight when the healers are at about 15-30 percent or have used their cd's of mana replenishment.

For your second question i have no doubt in myself that if i were accepted i could compete highly in the DPS race in hardmodes while i would b learning content im not very familar with i am a fast learner and will perform just like every other member of the guild and execute precisely without being a number cruncher.

Also, I do beleive mechanics are more important then super high dps in the sense that you will not be able to survive throughout a fight if you do not know the mechanics of a fight and could cause the raid to wipe.

Lastly, Going about researching a fight i watch the tankspot video if there is one at least 3 times and then consult with someone who has done the fight or watched the video to see if im missing anything and then practice tactics to perfect the fight and run it through multiple times. I also access if there is a special job i will have or any other important raid member will have. Then i look on are server or the wow forums and see if there is anything that i have not picked up.

rockkie
Villain on Vacation

update: just picked up merlins robe and gemming all gear now also getting ready o pick up the gloves from badges due to max dps saying they are better.
Arkinedes
Life Coach
Speaks way to much

Without knowing much about priests, i like your atitude and your answers!
It works for me, got my vote!

Anyone who puts down mssuedewildtrainjustice as reference should be auto-declined.

I like the attitude, should gem and enchant your gear, at least some of the stuff you wont replace for a bit, ie robe/bracers, thread to legs. The other thing of note is reputation arcanum and shoulder enchant, kirin tor for your helm (sp+crit) and sons of hodir for shoulders (sp+crit), these are now BoA. If you want to go full shadow, get the dps ashen verdict ring.

Pecan

rockkie
Villain on Vacation

Working on the gems and reputations and enchantds as we speak i am also switching my ring if i get accepted. I have also gotton 2 peices of tier 9 today
~Anima~

your willingness to improve your gear via our recommendations is a very good thing. I'm all for giving him a trial acceptance if the rest of the officers would agree as well, expecially since you have more then satisfied our raid leader, Ark :p
Existius

Yes from me.
Posts from:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Villains on Vacation Forum Index -> Applications All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum

Ventrilo Status
WoWProgress Rank