LFM

Latest Forum Posts
TopicAuthorPostedReplies
User Comment ImageView in Descending OrderApp: Frozened by Frozened3759 days ago0 Replies
User Comment ImageView in Descending OrderApp: holysquishy by Holysquish3880 days ago0 Replies
User Comment ImageView in Descending OrderAPPROVED - App: Gogoroth - by Arkinedes by Gogoroth3914 days ago0 Replies
User Comment ImageView in Descending OrderSanguinistic by Sanguinistic3935 days ago0 Replies
User Comment ImageView in Descending OrderAPPROVED - App: IronmanKain - by Arkinedes by IronmanKain3958 days ago0 Replies
Last Forum Post RSS Feed

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Villains on Vacation Forum Index -> Applications
View previous topic :: View next topic   Goto page 1, 2  Next
Ðylo

re: App: Ðylo

The application submitted by Ðylo is as follows:

Quote:
Character Name, Age & Name::
Dylo, 17, Dylan

Class & Spec (Off-spec)::
Resto Druid - Balance Druid

Plz link your wow-armory, and plz be logged out in your MS PvE gear!::
http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Maiev&cn=Dylo

Explain some key points in why you spec and glyph the way you do?::
When I spec I go for the core talents first, the ones that you would be stupid without. From there, I get the talents that fit my play style. I am more of an HoT druid, meaning I put as much into increasing my regrowth and rejevination as possible, and skip things that would benifit my hard heals like nourish and healing touch. My glyphs are the 3 basic resto druid glyphs, and there is nothing more that I can really choose from.

What stats do you prioritize? What do you gem for and "Why"?: :
I prioritize spell power, and the on the side intellect, and the spirit. I gem according to color of the slots, and try to follow what I listed before. The reason I do this is spell power will give me the most additional heals, which makes my HoTs a lot stronger, and a healer can never go wrong with more int. and spirit.

What professions do you have and why?:
I have Herbalism and Transmutaion Master (Alch). I did this becuase herbalism is a good druid farming one, as druids do not have to exit flight form. Then I wanted to pair it with a crafting profession, and being able to get the extra time on potions and then being able to transmute for extra gold was a bonus. Transmutaion master was picked for the extra gold.

Whats your raid experience in Icecrown Citadel 10M and 25M?::
On my warlock, which is over on Stormrage, I have cleared 10m and gotten 9/12 on 25M. On my druid, I am lacking in experience on both, only 4/12, as I have never had much more than a pug group.

What kinda DPS/HPS do you put out on fights like Sauerfang and Festergut 25M?::
Honestly, I can't tell you, I never have paid close attention. I have pulled up to 7k HPS in 25M I know, but it depends a lot on the playstyle of whoever else is healing. Druids have a downside on as they can heal a lot, the are limited to having to to it over time, and if a partner heals everything up that I have my rejuvination on, I normally can pull as low as 3k.

What Raid add ons do you use? ::
DBM is a must, I use omen, I like to keep track of who has aggro and how much. I use grid, recount, and healbot.

Do you use vent? and can you listen and be vocal?::
Yes, I use vent, I am always listening, and will normally chime in quite a bit.

Where did you learn of Villains on Vacation? - and why did you decide to app here?::
I was LF a serious raiding guild in TC. And Chironsbody had PST me, and asked questions similiar to the ones above, and then had directed me here.

We consider ourself to be a non-drama, nerdrage and elitistjerks free guild. We play this game to have fun and firmly belive its possible to down end game encounters in a calm and friendly enviroment!

This is your chance to explaine why we should accept you to our guild.. What makes you stand out?:
I fit the description above perfectly While I am outspoken, I do not take WoW in a serious manner as most do, it is a game, and I intend to have fun while doing it. I put forth the time and effort to help my guilds through my professions, organizing, and what ever is needed. I know when the time is to be serious, and when the time is to shut up and listen, and then when we are allowed to goof around.

~Anima~

re: APPROVED - App: Ðylo - by Arkinedes

I guess I can be called the "Druid officer" of the guild, current main raid boomer(Which I'll drop 4.0 due to the subclass becoming too easy)

I got a few questions/suggestions though besides what was above, and thanks in advance for answering the questions, and filling out the application fully!

Suggestions:
1.) Drop any pure spirit/int gems, and instead replace them with full spellpower or Haste. Int only really boosts your mana pool currently, and has a very very minor effect on spellpower, so it is entirely inferior to spellpower gems. Spirit gemming is worthless unless it's a spellpower + spirit combo gem for blue spots. The MP5 you get from Spirit gemming does a lot less for you then haste, due to the nature of mana regen in raids. You will find in a superior raid, like one from our guild, that you will not have many mana issues, and that cat/bears/boomers in our guild are fast on innervating if a tree is in need and the replentishment isn't giving fast enough to sustain you between innervates.

2.)Trinkets: get rid of the haste/hit trinket, you really don't need hit for healing. you'll do much better with the pickled egg from brewfest and the healer trinket from HOR heroic or TOC 5 normal, for both those slots. Note: I have no problem suggesting you DROP your gearscore. We could care less about it so long as you're geared properly!

3.) I'd like to see you at least get the T10 bonus asap! Shoulders are only 60 frost, and should be your next aquisition! Ignore anything from the frost vendors before you have the T10 bonus. The 4 piece bonus is meh, but the 2 piece bonus is definately needed!

4.)Drop the pvp gear asap, It really does harm your HPS. I understand that you may be using them for Gearscore boosting reasons to get you into some of the retarded pugs on this server that require ungodly "Gearscore" to get into, but we don't care, period, about that. Work on getting the wrists that drop from trash in the icecrown 5man heroics, and possibly the Tier 9 pants, and you'll be set for now.

5.) Save your 25 man lich king for this weekend, or if you still have it, we're doing a 25 man TOC in about 2 hours from this post. We can run you through and you can see how we are then.

6.) Talents: drop the Tranquility points. Tranq is nice in 5m Heroics for when someone REALLY screws up, but it's absolutely useless in Raids: It only heals the party, not the raid. These points would be much much better put into Revitalize, which tanks and melee dps will all love you long time for having.

Questions:

1.) What kind of attention do you pay to meters such as Recount during Raids?

2.) Please define the term "Mechanics" and explain how they relate to raids?

3.) My favorite question: All Druids have a battle res, but all druids have different positions in the raid. Please explain to me the order in which you believe each of these specs(Bear, Cat, Boom, Tree) should be battle ressing, and why?

4.) Would you be able to keep up with theorycrafting with me? I would love to have another druid which could keep up with me in this topic.

5.) And Finally: What are you looking to get out of your experience with VoV if you get accepted?

Class Mechanics and knowledge seem to be lacking. I am no druid expert but I know they don't gem intellect and use hit. We currently don't need any healers but if you can push the numbers out we might be able to work with you, but 7k hps isn't gonna cut it. My alt shammy can do that but I am also aware that healing meters are according to the fight, meaning that certain healers preform better on some fights.
Fix your stuff accordng to Rohu's recommendations and we might trial you.

Guest Post Rules are In Effect for this Post
Existius

Shit that guest was me,,,guess I wasn't logged in >.<.
Ðylo

1) Druid raids, I try not to pay much attention to things like recount. As I would like to focus on my healing. I do pay some attention to Omen, as I like to know who has what aggro and how much, on all things, and then I have my grid set up to let me know who is aggro on what. Then I put most of my focus on HB, where I have about the same thing as grid, but I use that for my heals. After the mob I do enjoy looking at recount, to see how I did, but it varies depending on the fight a lot, and I don't keep a mental note normally.

2) Mechanics is what is needed to be done/known on a specific boss or fight. This gives everyone a description of what to do, to complete that boss. For instance, in VoA, ranged DPS need to know that they need to stay on the frozen orbs on Toravon. Some people will pick up boss fight mechanics on the first try, and some will need several attempts before getting it down.

(Going to skip to 5) here) - Like I said above, some people pick up mechanics really well, and understand it, but most take several attempts. And this is what you get from a Pug group. I am tired of doing ICC and getting to the same point, or going into a VoA and having to go over the same basics every time from a Pug, and I have always found myself in friends guilds, to appease to them. From VoV I would like to get the full experience of a raid healer, and not have to do the basics over and over. I would like to know what it is like to heal while fighting the Lich king, not heal Lord Marrowgar every week.

3) Tree should rez first, as they should be the most important, and should be alive, then other druids could save there rez if the tree were to die. Bears should be last, as they are normally tanking, and shifting out of bear form, would make them loose a lot of aggro, armor, and get hit hard. The middle two took me a little bit of though, but I believe Boomkin should go after Tree. This is because feral druids rely on energy, and combo points, and I believe that this is all lost when they shift, making a set back into DPS. So, Tree, Boomkin, Cat, Bear.

4) This question confused me a little, theorycrafting, as in like the same way as used in Starcraft. I have never really used it for WoW, but did participate with it in Starcraft quite a lot. I would need to get an overview, but otherwise it should be fun. I have never heard of it on WoW though before.

-Comments to replies -
Thanks for the advice. I went ahead and respected and got all new gems right away, focusing on spellpower on all gems. I went ahead and got the pickled egg, and then looked at the trinkets that you were talking about in ToC and HoR, and didn't really think they were better than the SP one that I had, but I have the ToC one if you really disagree. I am working getting new bracers, and then I have T9 pants, I don't know why they were like that in my outfittter.

To Lantzx,
I am semi new to healing, I have focused on DPS since BC, and just picked up my Druid recently, and fell in love. I am working on it, I got re-geared, and read a little bit more. I don't feel that I was personally too far off, and I thought that I just needed a nudge in the right direction.

Thank you to both of you though for you time and patience with me.
~Anima~

Theorycrafting has been alive in WoW since a beginning. There is a site dedicated to it called "elitistjerks.com", where you can find any and all information about your class, including mathmatical breakdowns of trinkets as to why they're better, and soforth. The Ephemeral snowflake, like pointed out not only gives you 11 mana every time you heal including all dot ticks(this is extremely helpful at keeping you from OOMing too fast in raids and requiring innervates) but when used gives you faster heals. What you might not understand about the relationship about haste and Druid healers is that the more haste you have, the shorter the length of your HOTS are, and the faster they'll tick. The faster they tick can mean life or death in many fights. This is why Haste is so important to you as a stat.

The questions were mainly to see how you are at critical thinking. I'll let ark and Ray comment, and let them know when they get on what I think.

Last edited by ~Anima~ on 2010/09/30 12:30 am; edited 1 time in total
Existius

Btw on some of the elitestjerks.com shit as with all sites...some of the shit is wrong so it is always good to do field testing.
~Anima~

what Lantz said, that's why it's called "Theorycrafting". In Theory it should work, in reality, it may not
Arkinedes
Life Coach
Speaks way to much

Here comes the 1.000.000 dollar question:

What are you doing on tuesday at 2.30pm server time, and on sunday 12.30pm server time?

Arkinedes
Life Coach
Speaks way to much

>DING< I just started the 24 hour countdown!!

Ðylo

To Alandras -

What you are talking about for Theroycrafting, sounds like it is in Starcraft, though I have never seen it in WoW. I used to get pretty involved in it, but it had stopped as I had stopped with Starcraft. I think it would be an interesting thing to get into on WoW, and am very curious on some of the discussions. So yes, I would like to try to get into it.

To Arkinedes -

I am free on all Tuesdays and Sundays, and should be fine on those days. However, the occasion missed raid is OK I assume, as there are things that we cannot always account for? Otherwise, those dates actually work very well for me.

Lastly, what did you mean for the 24hr countdown, that I just had that much time to reply?
Existius

Theorycrafting is essentially doing math to figure out what talents/gems/glyphs/gear is best for you. Such as being a Warlock I would weigh the measues or using fel concentration(Reduced pushback) vs Grim Reach(spell range increased) and obvioulsy the better choice would be pushback. If I was destro I could choose between using Shadowfury(AoE Stun, useful for Saurfang Heroic) vs Backlash (3% spell crit and a chance to have an istant cast incinerate if I take dmg), obviously backlash would be ebtter dps choice, but would shadowfury be better for everyone stunning the beats for 3 secs? These are the things you ask yurself when you form yur own theorycrafting. I won't bore you with the math part but I am sure you understand where I am going with this. Most people think of theorycrafting as jst gem numbers but it isn't, it includes everything about your character. Every player plays differently but is it effective enough to keep the raid alive as a resto druid?
Some questions for you...Would sp be greater than haste until haste cap? What is your haste cap, what trinkets would be best for you from icc? Would you roll on gear for sheer sp upgrade if you went under haste cap with the item. Alo do you know other healing classes strengths and weaknesses. Do you know what gear is good for other classes and would you pass on a piece if it was better for them than you if it was a guildie. Do you know about your class enough to make on the spot calculations about a piece of gear to determineif it is a good upgrade or a sidegrade?
I know this is a lot of suff to answer, but think about them and make them good! We are starting to crack down on apps to get good quality people in here.
Ðylo

I read all of them, and will answer them tomorrow morning, so I have time to think about a couple of them. Theory crafting sounds find, and I looked somethings up about and and I seem to get the gist of it. I would like to thank everyone for putting their time in for me and yeah. Thanks! Main point is those I will answer those tomorrow morning.

Guest Post Rules are In Effect for this Post
Ðylo

On the first question, I always thought that haste was a very important stat. But I thought it was a stat that you started to work on after having a good base on SP and other stats. Meaning that I would work on Haste alongside SP as long as I have a good base going, which I think I am starting to get. No go all for Haste then SP, or vise versa. I think they are about equal until haste gets to around 850. This way I would be at the Soft Cap, if I had both a Boomkin and a Wrath of Air Totem, this way I would have the Soft Haste Cap, and could continue working on SP a lot sooner. You will see my logic below.

I never thought there was a haste cap, so this confused me a little, I know there is a soft cap, where the GCD was reduced to 1sec and this is around 1640. When I add Gift of the Earthmother as one of my talents, it goes down to about 1148. That is for me alone to have my haste cap. Then, there other buffs to consider, like Wrath of Air Totem or Moonkin Aura. Both of those in a raid would lower my Soft Cap down to about 850. This is just to get my GCD down to 1sec, as it can not go any lower. However, I believe that haste can effect spells until the cast time is instant, however, I am sure that is an ungodly high number, out of reach.

The two trinkets that I would grab would be Althor's Abacus, and Sliver of Pure Ice. However, I would say that Purified Lunar Dust, from the Frost Vendor, is better than the Sliver of Pure Ice.

The way you phrased this questions lead me to believe I got the first one "wrong". But as I said, I would try to get my haste to around 850, before working on pure spell power. So if I dropped 20 haste, and went below my the soft cap that I had made of 850, and traded for 100 SP, I would proabably do it. But if it was the other way around, I wouldn't do it. So really, this is an odd question to ask, because I believe it would completely depend what I was rolling on, and what I already had. It would be a in the moment thing.

A big Tree pro in my opinion is the instant casts. This allows me to be mobile, healing while I can run away for AoEs and into safety, not having to stand in the first for an extra second to finish my spell, and having to stop to healing to move into safety. We are based on HoTs as well, letting us throw most of them on a tank, and then able to focus on the raid, throwing a rejuvenation and a regrowth if needed on raid members, to get them back up to full health, and move onto the next one, while the prior raid member is still getting healed. Also, innervate is a good pro, allowing us to get majority of out mana back, while continuing to cast, or lending it to another healer. The druid buff itself, while in tree from increasing raid healing received by 6%, is a huge bonus in a bigger raid. Lastly, battle resurrect allows druids to bring back other healers, or top DPS to finish a boss fight, which can prevent a wipe. Some cons though are druids are HoT healers. While this is a pro and a con in itself, Resto druids are dependent on time to get the full extent of their heals. If I throw a couple HoTs on a raid member, and move onto the next one, a paladin can throw a Flash of Light, and have them fully healed, letting my heals be pointless. Also, as raid healers, we lack a flurry of AoE heals, which is a huge help in a bigger raid.

Next question was hard. Another in the moment type thing. I would always let a guildie have a piece of armor that would be a side step for me, and an upgrade for them, without a doubt. However, the only other class that I am familiar with is my affliction lock. Gear wise, like chest, sholders, ect, all I compete with is a Boomkin, as we are the only leather wearers that use an excess of mana. However, things like staffs, trinkets, and necklaces there are a lot of other people. I feel that I would have the basic understanding of which gear is better for a healer, than a DPS, that would be easy. So, thinking about this more, I don't think it would really be a problem. I don't think that I would have a problem letting go on a peice of armor that was a side-grade (don't know what to call it, or even a slight upgrade for me, that was an upgrade for someone else. This is as long as others would do the same for me.

Didn't really want to read over this, so if it is a bit confusing, I apologize, and I belive I hit every question. Feel free to ask me anything else.
Existius

Ok first off your first few answers look like they where basically copied from elitestjerks.com.
Secondly you need celestial focus in your talents, drop either living seed or empowered touch( I recommend dropping empowered touch, since you only use nourish when shit hits the fan)
Thirdly your BiS trinkets would be Solace of the Fallen, Ephemeral Snowflake, and Althor's Abacus.
I want you to get onh our vent and talk theory and mechanics with rohu and I. Pst me(all of my alts are in my signature) or Rohu/Thryse(Alandras) for teh vent info when you are on.
Posts from:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Villains on Vacation Forum Index -> Applications All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum

Ventrilo Status
WoWProgress Rank